Starting a podcast from scratch can feel like you’re staring into the void, and when you add being an introvert into that swirling mix, then you’re primed for failure, right?
Welcome to Should I Start A Podcast where each week Ronsley Vaz, with the help of a star-studded entrepreneurial guest lineup, explores why you should start a podcast; build an audience, and how to keep them hungry for more.
If you’re thinking about starting a podcast or simply looking for a better way to get your message out to your audience, then this is the podcast for you.
Petra Jones openly labels herself as an introvert, but when you look at her list of achievements, you certainly wouldn’t think it. Petra Jones didn’t even know where to begin when it comes to podcasting but took the challenge on nonetheless.
Through a short period of trial and error, Petra became the host of The Mumpreneur Show, one of the world’s top shows focused on women entrepreneurs and mothers.
Petra’s show brings into the spotlight some of the most insightful female entrepreneurs, bloggers, makers of handmade products and social media gurus. They speak about their individual business journeys, from their wins to the biggest challenges they’ve faced, all the while lifting the curtain and giving a sneak peek into the life of a female entrepreneur.
Petra quickly hit the Top Ten lists and dominated the ‘Kids and Family’ category within just nine days, while also reaching number one so many times that she eventually lost count.
In this episode, Petra talks through the journey she took to get her podcast running. Why podcasting gets you out there on a global scale – particularly when you understand your target market and the top five things you should keep in mind to reach podcasting success.
In this episode, we talk about:
- Petra Jones – The creative introvert
- Petra’s business journey, from children’s clothing to building a successful podcast
- Why a selfish podcast was the best foot forward
- Hitting the top spots in podcasting – Sharing in Petra’s success
- The global outreach podcasts can have
- Why Petra loves podcasting
- How Petra went from zero listeners to thousands in a matter of weeks
- The five top tips for podcasting success
- Why sticking to social media and launching strategies are vital