Welcome to Should I Start A Podcast where each week Ronsley Vaz, with the help of a star-studded entrepreneurial guest lineup, explores why you should start a podcast; build an audience, and how to keep them hungry for more.
If you’re thinking about starting a podcast or simply looking for a better way to get your message out to your audience, then this is the podcast for you.
People starting their own business often become wrapped up in the details. How many staff should I employ at the beginning? How many computers should I buy? Where should my office be? Oftentimes, however, the success of a business comes down to a larger sense of who you are and how you treat people.
Tyson Franklin — a business coach, podiatrist and host of the “It’s No Secret” podcast — has plenty to say about how up-and-coming entrepreneurs need to focus on several key elements: connections, delegation and attitude, among other things. On the latest episode of “Should I Start a Podcast”, Tyson and I chat about these topics and more, all framed within the idea of how podcasts can help business owners get ahead.
We also chat about:
- How to be a “legend in your own lunchbox”
- How podcasting helped Tyson refine other parts of his career
- Why there is always room to improve, no matter how old you are
- How to work smart, not hard
- Why you need to prioritise certain clients over others
- The importance of a disaster plan
- How being kind to his landscaper helped Tyson land new business
- Why it’s sometimes important to cut negative people out of your life