The old business proverb “fake it till you make it” in today’s world of business and marketing is not always the best path to take without your own company.
Welcome to Should I Start A Podcast where each week Ronsley Vaz, with the help of a star-studded entrepreneurial guest lineup, explores why you should start a podcast; build an audience, and how to keep them hungry for more.
If you’re thinking about starting a podcast or simply looking for a better way to get your message out to your audience, then this is the podcast for you.
When you meet a 25-year-old, you might not be interested in their advice on business and life. But what if that 25-year-old had already built a thriving business and established themselves as a thought leader in the marketing space?
Kyree Oliver has done exactly that as the owner of Influkz Interactive, a social marketing and consulting company based in the US. On the latest episode of Should I Start a Podcast, Kyree and I had an enlightening talk about his unconventional journey into marketing, why the industry is awash in fake social media “experts”, and why up-and-coming business owners probably shouldn’t even focus on marketing.
Despite his age, Kyree is incredibly insightful and an absolute pleasure to talk to. No matter who you are, he has a perspective that will make you think.
During the episode, we cover:
- Why Kyree doesn’t read marketing books or go to conferences
- Kyree’s hesitation to work with new business owners
- How fake social media “experts” are good for his business
- The best way to build trust in your brand
- Why marketing should be the last thing you think about for your company
- Why Kyree doesn’t personally think about numbers and metrics
- What he learned from interviewing more than 800 people
- Kyree’s tricks to working with small ad budgets