If a successful podcast host told you that he wanted no ads on his program, would you believe him?
Welcome to Should I Start A Podcast where each week Ronsley Vaz, with the help of a star-studded entrepreneurial guest lineup, explores why you should start a podcast; build an audience, and how to keep them hungry for more. If you’re thinking about starting a podcast, or simply finding a better way to get your message out to your audience, then this is the podcast for you
At We Are Podcast 2016, we held a panel with four successful podcast hosts, who gave us the skinny on how sponsorships work and how to make them profitable. The thirty-minute talk covered everything from mistakes that people make when monitising their show to how you can build a reputation that will earn you money.
The results were informative, amusing and enlightening, and you’d be surprised how difficult it can be to find advertisers that are worth their weight.
The featured panel guests include:
- Omar Zenhom, Co Founder & CEO at WebinarNinja
- Aaron Fifield, Podcast Host of Chats with Traders
- Jordan Harbinger, Host of The Jordan Harbinger Show
- Darren Rouse, Founder of b5media, ProBlogger.net and digital-photography-school.com
During the panel, they talked about:
- Why you shouldn’t focus on sponsorships at the start
- How certain sponsors can add legitimacy to your show
- The risk of working with small sponsors
- Why you should have a product or service that you sell during your show
- How to recruit long-term, loyal listeners
- The potential for lucrative relationships with advertisers
- Why traffic is what you should really be focusing on
We Are Podcast – website
We Are Podcast – Facebook Group
Podcast (start-a-podcast): Play in new window | Download