Rey Brown recalls working at Circuit City in 2003 when he was transferred to the mobile phone department. It was around the time the first BlackBerry® phone hit the market.
Little did he know then that he would eventually be devoting a good amount of his time discussing mobile technology via podcasting, a term virtually unheard of a decade or so ago but widely popular today.
Brown spent time working for wireless carriers and device manufacturers over the years, including helping Verizon Solutions Specialists learn about Motorola Droid phones. Based on his interactions with customers, which he enjoyed, he quickly realized he wanted to help others better understand how mobile technology could improve their lives in ways they may not realize.
Brown decided he wanted to help people get more out of their devices. Brown’s mother was the director of several daycare centers, and he started teaching weekend classes when the kids weren’t there.
He also discovered podcasting, realizing the potential it had for reaching others.
In this episode we talk about:
- Solving your problems with technology
- Rey’s podcasting journey
- What are podcasts impact on the podcaster and the business
- How to make money through podcasts
- Do people start podcasting with money in their mind
- Is there a reason to start a podcast
- How to define success if your goal is to get more business
- Goals aligned with business goals
- Syncing life with technology
- Rey’s business achievements
- Having affiliations
- How is podcasting an advantage
- Why is podcasing in the “Hot” now
- How to make podcasting easy with technology
What would’ve made it easier/What would you have changed?
Doing a better job in having a well defined goal in mind and better expectations
What are the first mistakes that podcasters often make?
- Not listening intently
- Not going deep
- Not having enough memory on computer
What are the most important things to consider?
- Listening to what is really being said
- Podcasting makes you do thing whenever you want to do them
Which podcast should I follow, why and how often?
- The Tim Ferris Show
- Ask Gary Vee Show
- ESPN First take
- True Stewardship
- Dave Ramsey Show
- Ray Edwards Show
- Dan Miller
- Michael Hyatt