In this episode we talk about:
- Get outside comfort zone
- Endless opportunities unleased
- How to get ahead of the trend
- Connecting with other people
- Believing in yourself
- On Demand Media
- The Gold Rush of Podcasting
- Being unique, making your business stand out
- Revenue of Podcasting
- Establishing a Network
- Mistakes of podcasting
- Creating a brand for yourself
- P90X Tony
- How Podcasting gives you credibility
- Celebrity Status
- Show the example you wish to set for the world
- Build a relationship with your audience
- Create more than a product
- Advantages of Podcasting
- More personal than Youtube
- Intimacy of Podcasting
What would’ve made it easier/What would you have changed?
I would outsourced more, for things like the shownotes, and would’ve spent my time promoting instead.
When someone is considering a podcast as a medium, how do I know if it’s for me? How complicated is it to do a podcast?
It can be over bearing. There are three major portions of podcasting. It can be technical, where you need to know hardware. You also have to be able to speak with fluidity and keep an interview going. Lastly you need to constantly work to get and keep yourself out there, on a platform where people could find it
How often should I podcast?
At least once a week. Any less than that and you could loose listeners.
What are the first mistakes that podcasters often make?
The copycat. When you see someone making a podcast that is doing well, and you decide to go and make the exact same podcast.
What are the most important things to consider?
- What is your end goal is?
- Who your audience is?
- What are your audience’s problems?
- How do I solve their problems?
Which podcast should I follow, why and how often?
- Lewis Howes, because he has great guests on, easy to listen to, and he is successful, and he is trying to share what he learned and what he has been through with his audience.
- Bond Appetit Podcast
- The You Leading You Podcast
What were the last Books on audio you listened to?
- Daniel pink – “The sell is human”
- “The obstacle is the way”
Where can I find more information on podcasting?
Get connected with a mastermind group or a coach. Or you can find information on youtube. Follow tons of podcasters from the mastermind group.
Where to find Greg
- The life of Now Podcast
Listen and Watch the full speech used in the intro – Steve Jobs’ 2005 Stanford Commencement Address
Download or Play the Episode below
Podcast: Play in new window | Download