Adam Franklin is the co-author of Web Marketing That Works.
Plus he hosts a top rating iTunes podcast, is an international social media speaker and marketing manager of Bluewire Media – the web marketing firm he co-founded in 2005.
Adam’ Bluewire Media blog has been named as one of Australia’s Best Business Blogsfor 4 years. He is a regular blogger for Startup Smart and occasionally writes for Smart Company and the Sydney Morning Herald, and he has been a guest on radio show 2UE, as well as many popular podcasts.
Adam co-created the free Web Strategy Planning Template which has been seen by hundreds of thousands of marketers worldwide, and his weekly ‘Bluewire News’ email goes out to over 10,000 readers.
In this episode we talk about:
- How Adam started podcasting
- Kicking off with Bluewire Media
- How much has marketing change
- Learning how to market
- Having the knowledge of marketing things you don’t have
- If you give stuff away for free people doesn’t patronize
- Give stuff away for free but don’t work for free
- The importance of valuing yourself
- Having the entrepreneurial spirit
- How to start a business without knowing how to do it
- Do not overthink; Just go out and get it
- Best ways to build your network
- The highlights of Adam’s podcasting journey
- How to deal with rejection
- What are the tricks of selling
- Why is podcasting in the “Hot” now
- Why should you get involved in podcasting
- How to get your podcast up and running
- Getting the right help for your podcast
- What are the disadvantages of podcasting
- How to expend your network
- Having the sense of responsibility with what you put out there
- How is podcasting a help for speakers
- The documentation side of podcasting
What would’ve made it easier/What would you have changed?
- Getting the editing help
When someone is considering a podcast as a medium, how do I know if it’s for me? How complicated is it to do a podcast?
- You could get rejected
- Technologies are complicated
How often should I podcast?
- Weekly episodes
What are the first mistakes that podcasters often make?
- Not being clear on what they want to talk about
- Having technical issues
Which podcast should I follow, why and how often?
- The three month vacation
- The Tim Ferris Show
- Jason Reynolds – Mastermind Talks
- The ninja podcast
- The smart business revolution
- The art of charm
- Smart passive income