Want to hear a sales master spill his secrets and teach you how to reframe rejection? In the following episode of Should I Start A Podcast you’ll hear both, plus so much more. Here, I had the honour of sharing the stage with Glen Carlson. Glen is a podcast host, and the co-founder, COO, and director of Dent Global.
Over the past 15 years, Glen has developed, sold and consulted on numerous start-ups in Australia, the UK, Indonesia, and Singapore. He helped found and nurture Dent Global to where it is today, the 9th fastest growing company in Australia. He is also one of the faces behind the ‘Key Person of Influence’ growth accelerator. Glen has an international reputation for helping entrepreneurs develop a brand, cultivate a profile and position themselves as leaders in their industries.
Tune in to the episode to hear us dig deep and discuss things like:
- How Glen’s first podcast attempt was never launched but paved the way for his current success
- The value of a good pitch, credibility in your industry, scalable products and a good profile
- Dent Global’s work turning people into ‘key people of influence’ and accelerating their businesses
- The skill that trumps most other skills: the ability to sell or ask for money
- How Glen thinks about rejection and the importance of reframing adverse responses
- How a podcast can help you leverage your time and influence (even if your audience is relatively humble)
- Tapping into dormant markets and providing a structure/ecosystem that allows potential clients to connect the dots easily
- How you can become a better podcast interviewer
- The importance of not getting too deeply focused on a product at the expense of ignoring your customers
- The ways a podcast can help you understand your tribe, prime a market and help you continue learning