John Lee Dumas is the founder and host of EOFire, an award-winning podcast where he interviews today’s most successful entrepreneurs seven days a week. In four years, JLD has grown EOFire into a multi-million dollar a year business with over 1600 interviews and 1.5 million monthly listens. JLD is the author of The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days, which became the sixth most funded publishing campaign of all time on Kickstarter and has over 21,000 sales to date. His latest project is The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days.
Born in the state of Maine in America, educated at Providence College in Rhode Island, U.S. Army Officer, law school dropout and corporate America failure would best describe JLD’s first 32 years, before launching EOFire in 2012 with the goal of inspiring millions.
JLD will be the keynote speaker at the We Are Podcast 2017 conference, the first podcasting conference in the southern hemisphere, created by host Ronsley Vaz.
In this episode, the tables are turned as John interviews Ronsley and they talk about:
- What Ronsley would consider his area of expertise and his unusual gift
- The concept of disruption over connection and how to bring people together over disruptful ideas
- The worst entrepreneurial moment in Ronsley’s life that left him in $478,000 in debt
- How categorizing an event as a failure or success is irrelevant
- The origin story of how Ronsley landed his first clients without a name or website for his audio marketing agency
- Finding out if the market wants what you are trying to sell before investing into a brand
- The value of taking the time to qualify prospects before selling to them as customers
- Why Ronsley finds the future of audio as a medium to be so exciting
- What was holding Ronsley back from being an entrepreneur
- The one personal habit that Ronsley can trace to his success
- Comparing being an entrepreneur to jumping off a cliff and building the plane on the way down
Know more about John Lee Dumas
Where to find John Lee Dumas
We Are Podcast: wearepodcast.com/2017