People starting their own business often become wrapped up in the details. How many staff should I employ at the beginning? How many computers should I buy? Where should my office be? Oftentimes, however, the success of a business comes down to a larger sense of who you are and how you treat people.
Tyson Franklin — a business coach, podiatrist and host of the “It’s No Secret” podcast — has plenty to say about how up-and-coming entrepreneurs need to focus on several key elements: connections, delegation and attitude, among other things. On the latest episode of “Should I Start a Podcast”, Tyson and I chat about these topics and more, all framed within the idea of how podcasts can help business owners get ahead.
We also chat about:
- How to be a “legend in your own lunchbox”
- How podcasting helped Tyson refine other parts of his career
- Why there is always room to improve, no matter how old you are
- How to work smart, not hard
- Why you need to prioritise certain clients over others
- The importance of a disaster plan
- How being kind to his landscaper helped Tyson land new business
- Why it’s sometimes important to cut negative people out of your life