Scott is the creator and host of the “Not Bad For Dad Podcast“. “Not Bad For Dad” is a resource created to help Dads adopt skills, develop tools and acquire the knowledge to build a solid and successful life. Dads are encouraged to free up time so they can really connect or reconnect with the most important people in their lives – their kids!
Scott tells us why cooking is such an important skill that every dad needs to adopt.
Scott tell us that he is going to compete in the Tough Mudder Race in 2015.
In this episode we talk about:
- What has Scott been able to achieve as a result of creating a Podcast.
- Scott’s’ Music Career.
- Podcasting: A platform to reach out to people.
- Podcast not only help business – It is Business.
- What has Scott managed to achieve since he started Podcasting.
- Podcast is not all about the money.
- Learn how to Monetize Podcasts.
- What made Scott realize he needs to start Podcast Vancouver.
- What is Podcast Vancouver and how can anyone get involved.
- Find ways of using localized techniques to find local focused audience.
- How to get to people that loves what you do.
- For Podcast clients: Steps on achieving what they want to do.
- How to get the word out.
- Spending on Podcast is better than spending on a PR campaign.
- Scott’s Podcasting journey.
- What would your self now tell your 20 year old self.
- Why is Podcasting “HOT” now.
- Disadvantages of creating a Podcast.
- Podcasting does not work for everyone.
- Produce something that people want to listen to.
- How to find what people want to listen to.
- 20% of time should be creating Podcast; 80% is promoting.
- What made Podcasting easier knowing what you know now.
- Common mistakes by “NEWBIE” Podcasters.
- Most important things in creating a successful Podcast.
- How to gauge a “Good Content”.
- Do more of what people listen to more.
- Scott’s Podcast preference.
What would’ve made it easier/What would you have changed?
- Getting help.
- Not trying to do everything your self.
- Having systems and being organised.
When someone is considering a podcast as a medium, how do I know if it’s for me? How complicated is it to do a podcast?
- Our behaviors are changing.
- People needs to look at themselves.
- Listen to your audience.
- Engage with your audience.
What are the disadvantages of a Podcast?
- Technical side of podcasting.
What are the most important things to consider?
- Try to find out the audiences’ “Why”
- Try and find out what is the message they are trying to get out.
- Try and get the best out of the person.
- Speak the language and learn the basic of Podcasting.
- There’s a huge opportunity for a podcast variety.
- Having the content that people want to listen to.
What are the common mistakes of a newbie podcaster?
- Not being original.
Where can I find more information on podcasting?
- Entrepreneur On Fire
- Life on fire
- Conversion Cast
- eCommerce Fuel
- Smart Marketer
- The Smart Passive Income
- Hardcore History Library