In 2013, Franziska was awarded the NSW Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award, recognising her innovation, creativity, and philanthropic involvement.
A true visionary, no challenge seems to be too big for Franziska. She is known for her rebellious nature and challenging the norm. She has the rare combination of being both creative and strategic, which makes her a powerful thought leader in the business world.
In this podcast episode we talk about:
- Franziska’s thoughts on building a team
- The importance of having a bigger goal in mind
- How marketing changes lives
- Basic Bananas’ impact on people
- Why marketing is so overlooked
- Why small businesses, in general, don’t spend enough time on marketing
- Word of mouth is not a marketing strategy!
- Why Franziska started podcasting
- About “impacteurs”
- About Basic Bananas
- Podcasting achievements/impacts
- Why podcasting has become “hot” all of a sudden
- Educating audiences who listen to the podcast
- Franziska’s thoughts on how to name a podcast
What would’ve made it easier/What would you have changed?
“What would have made it better would have been to promote it from an earlier stage to our community. We’ve only done this for about two years or so. We’ve got little podcast flyers with our show on them. So, it has the name of the show and even a description of how to get it.
“We were doing it a little bit organically and we can definitely see quite a big rise in listeners every month because of being more proactive about it.”
When someone is considering a podcast as a medium, how do they know if it’s for them? How complicated is it to do a podcast?
“I think if they can add value. So, if they know they can add value to listeners in some way. For instance, an interview talking about specific topics that add value to their target audience… If their target audience would listen to that then I think it is a good medium”.
Which podcast should I follow, why and how often?
“James Altucher – I quite like his show. Then there’s The Song Writing Podcast. There’s one that my friend recently told me about which I haven’t really checked out too much but it is on my phone… Stuff You Should Know. I think it is tough but I love this one – it’s called Social Triggers Insider. I’ve got Tim Ferriss on YouTube as well.”
Where to find Franziska Iseli