In this episode we talk about:
- Why Michaela decided to create a podcast
- On demand media
- How does Michaela find guests for the show
- The success of variety
- How to get out of your own way
- How to get your message out
- Launching your podcast
- Sponsorship for your podcast
- Time management
- Difference between blogging and podcasting
- Impact of creating a podcast
- Recording issues and how to overcome them
- Making a brand
- What catapulted podcasting
- Importance of outsourcing
- What Michaela blames Ronsley Vaz for
- Rates top New and Noteworthy for 12 weeks
- How to rank well for your podcast
- Main goal is connecting with people
- Changing our conditioned perspective
- Opportunities that Podcasting has opened
What would’ve made it easier/What would you have changed?
Understanding that it takes a lot of time. If you think that it takes a certain amount of time, then plan for twice that amount of time. Be committed to it, because the benefits outweigh the hardships.
When someone is considering a podcast as a medium, how do I know if it’s for me? How complicated is it to do a podcast?
Any industry would benefit. Everyone should try it. Its something that you have to promote, but it definitely benefits your business to reach new and larger audiences. Outsource as much as you can, and be clear for who is doing which task. If there is a task that you don’t know how to do it then learn how to.
How often should I podcast?
We do it twice a week. Which ever you choose to deliver is what you should commit to and be consistent.
What are the first mistakes that podcasters often make?
They don’t think about a strategy. They don’t promote it. They just make the content and assume that the magic is going to happen. Don’t wait for the episode to be perfect. Just get it out there. Have fun and be committed and consistent.
What are the most important things to consider?
Have good quality podcasting recording equipment, it doesn’t have to be perfect. Variety is important to keep your audiences engaged. Find guests that really have a story to tell.
Which podcast should I follow, why and how often?
Any business podcast. I am a big Chris Ducker fan.
Reputation Revolution by Trevor young.
I listen to them in the car, during my hour commute. I also listen while I am cleaning or cooking. I try to listen constantly.
What were the last Books on audio you listened to?
Haven’t gotten into Audible books yet.
Where to find Michaela Clark
Want to get a free audiobook? Click the image below and get a free audio book on us! Listen to one of the top best sellers or choose from 180,000+ other titles. Enjoy!