Their podcast is for anyone that is addicted to business with the aim to helps fellow Business Addicts build a business that supports a life that they love, rather than a business that controls their life! They achieve this by providing a balance of strategies, tips and tools that will help both feed and manage your business addiction. Business Addicts podcast feeds your addiction by providing valuable content that will help improve your business and help manage your addiction by providing equally valuable content that will help you better manage your life so that your business addiction doesn’t spiral out of control!
Loren Bartley is a social media consultant, educator and coach. Loren educates small businesses to be able to use the power of social media independently to grow their businesses. This is achieved by teaching businesses how to develop a social media strategy, build online communities, effectively engage with those communities and then convert them into action that aligns with overall business goals.
Fiona Redding is a business strategist, motivational speaker, coach & mentor and the founder of The Happiness Hunter, in addition to co-creating The Seven Elements Life Integration program. Fiona’s super power is to get to the beating heart of your strategy, to uncover the steps required to achieve your goals and empowers you with the tools & mind-set shifts required live a life with passion, joy and meaning (whilst creating & growing a successful business – these things are not mutually exclusive).
In this episode we talk about:
- How Podcast helps Lauren and Fiona manage Business Addiction
- Importance of conducting business events with Business Addicts
- How Podcast prepares the other aspects of their business
- How podcast made significance to the bottom line of their business
- Podcast brings and open up new opportunities, additional services and helps increase huge success financially
- What Happiness Hunters is all about? – Happiness Hunters is a community about connecting people, inspiring and teaching them to live feeling uplifted and good and ready to go back instead of getting to the day from emotionally strong stand point.
- More on National Awareness of Happiness Hunters
- How to determine priorities in life?
- Podcast brings them a bigger platform to get acquainted with much bigger audience
- Podcast influences great business
- Appreciating each other will develop partnership and awesome collaboration through podcast that helps the business grow
- Being honest with your partners makes your business genuinely succeed
- More on entrepreneurship – its weakness
- Strategies and things need to use to manage business addiction
- Different stages of business
- More on Business Addicts Podcast
- Business Addicts podcast – What is it about and who is it for
- How to manage business addiction?
- What is the best way that a business addicts can manage thick and fast?
- Things you always wanted to know about meditation
- What, How and When is the best way to meditate
- How meditation helps enrich life’s experience and manage our thinking
- Best way to learn meditation
- How Long to Meditate & How Often to Meditate?
- Biggest challenge when it comes to attracting clients
- Creating amazing community through podcast
- Benefits in creating a podcast
- The impact of having a time commitment in your business
- Good Reasons To Start Podcasting
- Generating income Directly From Podcasting
- Starting your own Podcast: Getting Your Voice Heard… Literally!
- Building community with podcasting
- The key to success
- Helping others to succeed on their business
- The Disadvantages of Podcasts in Businesses
- Podcasting made easy
- The Journey of Successful Podcast
- What would have made podcasting journey easier knowing what you know now
- Advantages of learning from other’s experience
- Complications of becoming a podcaster
- Having better quality product in your business
- The most important things to consider in creating a successful podcast
- How complicated it is to be a podcaster
- How to Build a Successful Podcast?
Some great concepts:
“Well-being is the number one priority in life”
“It’s never about the business, it’s always about the person”
“Anything in life, we learn through experience”
What would’ve made it easier/What would you have changed?
If I was going back to do all of it again, I don’t think I would do a lot differently – because of that strategy at the start. I was very hands-on at the start because I needed to learn and all that kind of stuff. You could probably say that it would be great if I will have someone to help me right from the start, but we needed to learn. We needed to know what was involved, the efficiencies, what we could scrub and all that kind of stuff. The only thing I would probably change is having another resource – I still would have done a lot of the things myself to learn them but have another person to help/assist me.
Fiona: I’m sure when we’re going down the journey, we’ll probably discover some tool or something that we wish we’d had when we’ve started, but at this stage it’s too early.
The other thing we did was that we tried to record from separate locations and it didn’t work because part of the beauty and the magic that supposed to have the business addicts podcast is the connection between Loren and I behind the microphone – it just didn’t translate when we were in different locations. We tried that because we thought that would have an impact that time. So we gave it a go for one recording and at the end we say, “please let’s do it again, we need to be together”.
How complicated is it to do a podcast?
- One of our key goals has been to have a lucky premium products with instant quality brand. It’s been a hallmark of business addicts, but in terms of how easy to use, that’s nonsense. It’s a lot of work. You need to make sure you do have equipment because you don’t want to have a crap quality products.
- It’s really just about knowing the tools and the processes. That was one aspect of the technical expertise that I bought to it. I often have to do a fair bit of researching and not everyone often does the same. So you had to consume all these different ways of putting the podcast altogether on what kind of work might best for you.
- Technically, it’s challenging in the first instance. Particularly if you’re just trying, you don’t actually need to learn and get done properly, but if you go and learn how to podcast and what technology is involved, what system and the best work flow all that kind of stuff, you’ll save a lot of headaches and you’ll end up with a better quality product as a result.
- There’s a lot of things, it’s not just about the content creation and the podcast creation, but it’s also sort of technical bits.
- If you’ve got multiple podcast episodes, you can get confused just the way around it with different things so you really need to have some good systems in there to make sure you don’t skip something.
- It’s becoming an increasingly busy market- the podcasting market. If you want to create a podcast, you want to make sure it’s something that people will come back to several times to listen.
What are the most important things to consider?
- Having good content. To talk about something that people are going to be passionately interested in.
- Something that audio customers would be able to associate themselves with.
- We made it about the listeners.
Which podcast should I follow, why and how often?
- We listen to a lot of social media topics and business podcast addicts
Where to find Loren and Fiona?
Website: Business Addicts
Facebook: Business Addicts Page