Francis Lynch works as a coach, counsellor and consultant in his own practice, and he is a contractor at Vital Conversations. He worked for 25 years in the community service sector, including 15 years in executive roles, eight of them as Chief Executive of Ruah.
He has significant experience in developing and delivering partnerships with government and non-government partners. His extensive professional networks across Australia have created value for many projects that he has been involved in. He’s motivated to deliver high-level outcomes to communities and individuals who need support to reach their potential.
In this episode we talk about:
- The motivation behind Francis’ social work
- The day-to-day activity of people working in social care
- Helping people and families who are struggling in life
- How Francis addresses and responds to homelessness and domestic violence
- How Francis goes about effecting change
- 2017 upcoming social work projects for Francis
- The driving force around creating the Living With Purpose Interviews Podcast
- The obstacles he came up against when doing his podcast
- The things that Francis knows now that he wished he knew before he started podcasting
- Why Francis thinks podcasting is hot right now
- What Francis hopes for from someone listening to his podcast
- The reason behind Francis creating a podcast and the expected end result
- The benefits Francis sees and what he’s achieved as a result of starting a podcast
- His thoughts on podcast progression
What would have made it easier/What would you have changed?
‘In terms of the technical side of it, I wasn’t particularly worried. I just googled and found the ways of actually getting things done. I made a few mistakes along the way but it wasn’t really anything that’s stopped me.
‘I’ve actually moved the Living with Purpose over the Libsyn as well because there were just hiccups along the way and so I ended up just doing that. So, that’s one of the lessons I think for me, certainly at my scale and my size. I just wasted time, really, by trying to host if myself.’
Where to find Francis Lynch
Website: Francis Lynch
Podcast: Living With Purpose Interviews