Jules Galloway is a passionate naturopath, healthy foodie and wellness expert, living just ten minutes from Byron Bay, Australia. Her mission is to help fatigued women find their shine again.
Growing up in a household where two members had coeliac disease, she gained an early insight into what it’s like to eat gluten free. But it wasn’t until her twenties and thirties (after years of partying hard) that she suffered health issues that forced a rethink of her own eating habits and lifestyle. She learned to thrive with a combination of wholefoods, an 80/20 paleo diet, exercise, meditation, mindfulness, and a HUGE dose of happiness.
Read the Secrets of Successful Podcasts here
Since 2013 she has created recipe books, live events around the country, and an online wellness programme called Shiny Healthy You – Fatigued to Fabulous in 12 Weeks.
In this episode we talk about:
- What it’s like for Jules Galloway to live in a country town like Byron
- The differences between living in a fast-paced and slow-moving environment
- How Jules manages her work
- Adrenal fatigue and how it affects your day-to-day life
- Why time spent on a task matters when it comes to fulfilment
- How Jules manages to work with people she doesn’t like or respect
- How to look after yourself and support your body before an event
- Fight-or-flight response and how the cortisol hormone functions
- The significance of herbs, supplements, meditation and mindfulness
- About Jules Galloway’s podcast, Shiny Healthy You
- How meditation and mindfulness practice in the morning can improve your day
- Jules Galloway’s podcasting journey
- What Jules used to do for a living, and how her previous job helped her entrepreneurial journey
What would’ve made it easier?
‘It’s been a really really fun way to network and to meet people and to put myself out there. I found myself at conferences and seminars walking up to people who I would never normally approach.
‘It gave me a lot of confidence in the industry to just go out and introduce myself to people, to put myself out there and get my voice out there. And to go and meet people that I wouldn’t normally meet and do it with a purpose rather than just go up to someone.’
Where to find Jules Galloway