Life isn’t always easy when you’re running a successful business. With both physical and mental obstacles to contend with, fear of failure can form a seemingly insurmountable obstacle that holds us back from our full entrepreneurial potential. But sometimes failure can be the best teacher we have.
Welcome to Should I Start A Podcast where each week Ronsley Vaz, with the help of a star-studded entrepreneurial guest lineup, explores why you should start a podcast; build an audience, and how to keep them hungry for more.
If you’re thinking about starting a podcast, or simply looking for a better way to get your message out to your audience, then this is the podcast for you.
In this episode, the podcasting tables have turned and the interviewer has become the interviewee. Ronsley takes the hot seat as the founder of Chief Maker, Greg Layton, throws Mr. Vaz the tough questions we’ve all been dying to ask.
Greg is not only a bestselling author with his book Chief Maker, but he too is a podcaster extraordinaire. He sits as the prolific host of The Inner Chief, a podcast aimed at leaders, professionals and small business owners who want to accelerate their career and growth.
In this hard hitting session, Greg dives into Ronsley’s origin story and how Amplify came to fruition, why understanding alternative perspectives is a healthy trait and how labelling yourself can damage your ability to thrive.
Also featured within this episode:
- Ronsley’s backstory
- Labels and why you shouldn’t put yourself in a box
- The importance of getting a different perspective
- The reasoning behind starting a podcast
- Failure and things you find to get right as a leader
- The guy that justifies his own bulls**t
- The processes to analyse the market – losing your self-entitlement
- Why giving people a voice is so important
- Building trust within your team
- The future of Amplify – what we can expect moving forward
- What Ronsley is grateful for