Coming up with genius ideas and turning them into million-dollar businesses is a little bit of luck and a whole lot of hard work and dedication.
Welcome to Should I Start A Podcast where each week Ronsley Vaz, with the help of a star-studded entrepreneurial guest line-up, explores why you should start a podcast; build an audience, and how to keep them hungry for more. If you’re thinking about starting a podcast, or simply finding a better way to get your message out to your audience, then this is the podcast for you.
On this episode of Should I Start a Podcast we have Glen Carlson, podcaster and co-founder of Dent Global which is best known for their flagship ‘Key Person of Influence’ Accelerators. DENT are worldwide leaders in strategy and technology for entrepreneurial businesses. In the last six years they’ve built their global small business, with offices in the UK, USA, Singapore and Australia.
For Glen, he might say that turning ideas into profitable businesses is what drives his work everyday: helping people access their own best ideas and convert them into wealth-building assets.
For a little insight into Glen’s genius, tune into his presentation at 2017’s We Are Podcast, where he explains why we’re often terrible at realising how brilliant we already are.
In his talk, Glen covers:
- What assets are and why you need them
- His concept of “proximity bias” and how it can ruin your confidence
- The importance of valuing IP over physical assets
- Why podcasts can be great for generating wealth — even if they don’t make any money
- Why devoting energy to solving problems can be a waste of time
- How to create a product ecosystem
- What your job should really be as a company founder