Finding the good in the negative can really make you a stronger business owner and make your business better than you could ever imagine.
Welcome to Should I Start A Podcast where each week Ronsley Vaz, with the help of a star-studded entrepreneurial guest lineup, explores why you should start a podcast; build an audience, and how to keep them hungry for more. If you’re thinking about starting a podcast, or simply finding a better way to get your message out to your audience, then this is the podcast for you.
This week’s episode features a good friend and business associate of mine, Adrian Easdown. Adrian is a veteran of the accommodation industry in Australia and host of That Bad Review, a podcast that teaches those in his industry how to find success and deal with negative reviews from guests.
We talk about handling negative feedback, of course, but we also delve into a host of topics relevant to any podcaster: handling interviews as an introvert, looking past subscription numbers and handling rejection, to name a few.
We also chat about:
- Dealing with the emotion that comes with bad feedback
- Emotion’s place in running a business
- Why reception is your main opportunity to impress your guests
- Quiet times in your business and how to use them to your advantage
- Current trends in the accommodation industry
- The challenges of motivating staff members
- What Adrian would do if he had 6 months to live
- Adrian’s podcasting journey and how he made it to 30 episodes
- Why I don’t look at emails