On Should I Start a Podcast, we usually have the pleasure of listening to Ronsley interview his guests, speaking with industry experts to get their insight on content marketing and how to make it in the podcast world.
But for this episode, the tables are turned. Ronsley was recently interviewed by Steph Taylor for the Socialette podcast, and the two talked about everything from Ronsley’s long journey into podcasting and starting Amplify through to what he’s learned from mistakes made along the way.
If you know Ronsley — or even if you don’t — this podcast is an insightful look into how failure can sometimes lead to incredible success.
The episode covers:
- How Ronsley went from being a software engineer to starting his own business
- How he pulled himself out of being $400,000+ in debt
- Why being good at your craft might not necessarily mean you should start a business
- Ronsley’s initial Amplify tactics — which involved not spending any money on the business
- How to maximize your content
- Why business is all about trust
- How not to let your content become forgotten amid the noise
- Amplify’s tools for content creation and business engagement