While still in his mid-twenties, Nathan Chan felt there were no business magazines that he could relate to.
He wanted to read something that delved deep into the world of a successful entrepreneur, showing their processes, failures, obstacles and challenges. And one that ultimately taught others straight from the mouths of the best in the world.
Wanting to personally discover the answers to all his questions about the daily struggles of starting a successful business, Nathan began to go out and interview world-changing entrepreneurs in the hope that he could learn from them. This was the point of no return. And so while still working a full time job, Nathan created Foundr.
Since it’s inception, Foundr has quickly become a top ranked 10 ‘Business & Investing’ Magazine in the AppStore and is currently supporting hundreds of thousands of entrepreneurs across multiple platforms and resources.
In this episode we talk about:
- How and when did Nathan Chan started Foundr Mag?
- The influence of magazine as leverage to get in touch with Entrepreneurs
- Running a Multifaceted digital media magazine through podcast
- The need in creating the magazine
- The differences of Foundr Mag to other publications and what makes them unique to others
- What are they features in Foundr magazine
- Creating a little bit something different in the space
- The difference in having a podcast and how it benefits to Nathan
- The importance of giving your best and progress in a podcast
- How podcast manages to do with his business?
- How podcast build community and trust?
- The thousands of podcast downloads the Foundr Mag getting everyday
- Getting trust and building audience through podcast
- Tips on Podcasting
- Being super persistent and keep trying in inviting hard to reach people to podcasting
- The strategies they do through Instagram to get attractions and audience
- Creating epic content the people want to share and follow
- Building communities anywhere and do something with it
- How they rapidly grow building communities
- Partnership as the key in any business development
What are the most important things to consider?
- You’ve got to learn how to create epic content that the people want to share, the people want to follow.
- If you can build a community in anywhere, then you can do something with it. But I guess, it comes back to everyone wants to know how we rapidly grow it. I can see they talk about it all day. In fact we created a course; a step by step course and in my opinion, it’s the ultimate way to really screw yourself up. And you can find that course in igdomination. I recommend the people will go and check it out free ebook. It’s a great place to start. And if you go to http://www.foundrmag.com/free.
- I think the biggest things are one creating epic content then whatever niche you’re in and it has to be brilliantly design and you have to post I guess. The next thing is posting consistently. The more you post the faster you grow. We post newer from four to six times a day. And then the next big thing is using hashtags. Hashtags can be a massive game changer when it comes to growth. The last thing would be S for S. (Share for Share) (Shut out for Shut out) It’s about getting other accounts to shut you out.
- I think if you want your content to spread, create something useful, create something that’s the best and then the content will do the work for you
Which podcast should I follow, why and how often?
I’m really liking foundation by kevin Rose. That’s a very very good podcast. He’s the best. I did like Start Up and also I listen to all sorts of podcasts but the one that’s I’m listening to a lot now is the Foundation.
Where to find Nathan Chan