Darren Rowse is widely regarded as Australia’s top blogger and is one of the most followed and influential Australians on Social Media. In 2002 Darren started his first ever blog – not knowing that what would start as a personal hobby site would grow into a full time profession and million dollar business.
You have to check out his new podcast – The ProBlogger Podcast
Today his blogs are read by over 4.5 million unique visitors a month. Together they have over 300,000 forum members and 1,000,000 subscribers. Darren is co-author of ‘ProBlogger: Secrets for Blogging Your Way to a Six-Figure Income‘ (Wiley 2008 and updated in 2010) and author of the ebook ‘31 Days to Build a Better Blog‘. He’s also the author of the best selling e-book – ‘The Essential Guide to Portraits’ and has published a total of 30 eBooks on his sites
Darren has been involved in publishing over 30 blogs but now is active on four as founder and editor: Digital-Photography-School.com – photography tips, camera reviews and photoshop tutorials ProBlogger.net – a blog teaching others how to build successful blog.
In this episode we talk about:
- Learning by doing
- Why Darren has gotten involved in podcasting now
- Darren change in health and starting to walk everyday
- The 31 day challenge blog post
- Why Darren is releasing a podcast episode everyday for 31 days
- The more content you publish the more leverage you get
- How Darren is managing the workload
- Why podcasting is suddenly becoming so hot
- How iTunes helps podcasters when they first launch
- How iTunes might evolve for podcasters
- The engagement levels of the auditory sense
- The connection between the listener and the podcast host
- When you listen to a podcast
- Why a podcast gets your listeners’ attention
- Darren’s blog about spirituality and its intersection with today’s culture
- Eating food around a table and sharing a meal with your family
- The health journey and why Darren’s decided to make some changes
- Slipping into bad habits
- Walking and listening to podcasts
- Intermittent Fasting
- The 5:2 Diet – and why it won’t work for me
- ProBlogger the Event – 14th and 15th of August 2015 – BUY TICKETS HERE
- How the ProBlogger Event came about and how it has grown
- The difference between creative thinkers and creative doers
- The top 3 things to do when you organise a large event
- How people take your lead to create a good community
- How Darren hires people for his team
- What the plan for the podcast is
- How best to monetise your podcast
- The reason why most podcasters or bloggers look to monetise directly through advertising
What would’ve made it easier/What would you have changed?
- Put extra episodes live before you start
What is your biggest challenge when creating a podcast?
- Technology, how it all works.
- Fear holding a podcaster back from releasing especially if you come with a reputation